Tuesday, December 06, 2005

New Knitty is up for winter

Yesterday I got the email that the new winter issue of Knitty is up. Why do they have to have so many things that I want to make? Kate is cute. I've got a thing for hand knit stuffed animals, and I'd surely have a collection of my own if I could stop giving away the ones I make. I also love the Creatures -- little pocket warmers. My favorite, and one I will have to make when I start my yoga class again is the cabled mat bag. *drool* And the cabled cardigan is on the list, too. So many patterns, so little time.

I stole most of my lunch hour today to work on the saxon braid scarf. The yarn, Aurora 8, is lovely to work with. Now that the scarf is getting a bit of length to it, the edges are starting to curl in. I only hope that blocking will take care of this horrible tendency, otherwise, I couldn't bear to give a defective curling gift!!! Also, I noticed that the Saxon braid pattern I'm using doesn't cross like I want it to, so I'm going to have to go back and rip out the whole thing to get the crosses I do want. Ugh. This is going to be one seriously late present. (At least I've only done 3.5 repeats.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home