Wednesday, November 30, 2005

MI trip, JCT auction update

Work has been horrendously busy for me this past month and a half, and that is obviously reflected in all the posts I've been able to manage since then. There's a bit to catch up on, but I'll try to get the bare bones out so I can move on.

I recently took a week long MI trip during the Thanksgiving break to visit family and knit. The first day, I finished a Lopi hat. The second day, I finished a cabled headband. The third day, I started a hat out of my sportweight handpainted yarn... and that one is a work in progress. It's been a long time since I've been able to sit and knit uninterrupted, and it's been almost as long since I really made anything for myself. The Lopi hat was field-tested in MI and passed with flying colors, even though the yarn is black and white. Perhaps the only change I would make is to add some fleece liners to the earflaps.

Right after I got back to VA, it was time to get ready for the Jasmine Charitable Trust silent auction. After blocking, my green Lopi sweater turned out to be way huge on me, so I donated that along with the red one I intended for the auction. I got two sweaters in after all! Bev and Lennox came out, as well as two other teams: Josef and Bebe, and Vicki and Michelle. What great company they were, and the folks at VIMS were thrilled to see them there. Current totals from donations and auction bids comes to $936.00 with a little more on the way. (Payday isn't until tomorrow, so I guess some folks are waiting until then.) I owe a big thank you to the teams that came out for PR, all the people that contributed items to the auction, as well as others that contributed to auction organization. That means you, S&B group! And that's the short of it.

Now the race is on to get Christmas presents knit up...

Addendum: Total for the auction came out to be $1056! We broke the $1000 mark!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home