Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fiber, fiber everywhere...

...nor any thread to knit! Well, that's not quite true, but I realized I'm going to have to put some limitations on myself if I'm going to get my part of the auction knitting done. I've thought and thought and this is what I've narrowed it down to: I'd like to have 2 big ticket items, such as adult sized sweaters, and the fastest ones to knit are Lopi. There are some lovely cabled/aran sweater patterns in my library, but I could probably only finish one (this using the yarn available to me through Bev -- though there's some very nice merino). A shawl would be great (from my point of view), but this item can be knit later and perhaps raffled at our LYS at any point during the year. So tomorrow night at my knitting group, I will break out my Lopi books and get votes for the top two sweaters (and colors to use!), and Thursday I will place an order for said yarn. If I can do a sweater a month, I'll be done in time for the auction. Whew!

As it is, I'm having a hard time finding time to work on the Branching Out scarf because of the ongoing house projects. The original color we picked for the stairway was too much, so it was back to Home Depot to choose another color. That's thrown off the initial color scheme for the rest of the house, so we're headed back to the drawing board. I'm going to have to pester some of my interior decorator type friends to help out with this one. House construction aside, I hope to have the scarf done in a day or two. Wishful thinking? Perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home