Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The light at the end of the tunnel

Work on the house has hit a frantic pitch as we are trying to prepare for a housewarming party this weekend. Since we didn't seem to be making much progress without a goal, we decided to set one. I'm so sick of painting trim and 6-panel doors. Who the @#%* invented those things anyway?! If all goes well, we'll be able to move stuff upstairs, have a proper bedroom, a proper craft room, and when people come over they won't have to see the horrible construction zone we lived in while occupying the living room.

Once the craft room is set up, I plan to sew on at least a square a day to my not yet complete zigzag afghan, and start the back to my cabled sweater. As soon as I can get the P.L. blanket done, or get to Knitting Sisters to buy more needles (whichever comes first), I will begin Juli's barter cardi. I'm also on a schedule to get items done before the MI fiber festival, too. My stash must be emptied as much as possible so that I can bring home MORE YARN! Unfortunately, house renovations must be finished before yarn reduction can take place. I may even have to sacrifice my Wednesday night group this week to get things done on the house. I really hate to do that because one of our members is a new mom and she was planning on bringing the baby by to show him off. That, and I need my group therapy night. Ah well, such is life. I can at least look forward to the pre-4th/housewarming party on Saturday... my first big social event in weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home