Monday, March 28, 2005

Finished Lace Chevrons scarf

I sat up until late trying to get this thing done. I was miffed to find a knot in the second skein of yarn, something Noro is famous for, but thankfully the color scheme was not interrupted. However, the color changes were not exactly the same in both skeins. One had a patch of a dark blue-green color, while the other had a grayish spot. Go figure! Here's a picture with part of the color sequence:



After I wove in the ends and skein splices, I briefly washed it, blocked it, and stood back to admire it. The colors are quite nice, albeit some of the changes are rather abrubt due to high contrast. I'll let it sit on the blocking towel until it's dry, and then it will promptly be packed in the cedar chest for safe keeping. Come Autumn, I'll have a nice little accessory.

And until I move, I'll just keep my knitting to one item: the cabled sweater.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, April 01, 2005, Blogger Wardo said...

Hey Kami, thanks for the comments on my blog. I can't say I know much about knitting and stuff though.

Just so you know, I did finish that story you commented on, I just forgot to put the link at the bottom of part three.

-A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home