Sunday, March 20, 2005

Irish Hiking Scarf Finished

At last! Another finished object!! This scarf has been going on for what seems like forever. The center pull ball of yarn I was working from slowly deflated into a more pancake-like shape, and that's when I had enough. So this weekend, between working various jobs and packing, I managed to get the scarf completed. It's pleasantly long, able to wrap around my neck a cozy couple of times.



Now that the scarf is done, I would love to make a sweater from this same type of yarn. I all need to do is find an appropriate pattern, something light to mid-weight, cabled or not. I'll keep the color card from Meskills safely tucked away until I find that perfect pattern.

So what's next? Since the cabled sweater is quite an intense project, I'll be whipping up yet another scarf. Yes, another one. I don't know how I'll manage to wear them all, but I do try. I have 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden from MI that have been languishing in my cedar chest. I was going to make mittens out of them, but the high silk content meant that my ribbed cuffs were rather -- limp. (Don't you hate that?) Mitten #1 was frogged and both skeins were rudely thrown back into the chest. Hopefully the second time around will do the trick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home