Friday, February 25, 2005

Lopi sweater finished!

It's done! It's finally done!! Well, 99% done. I still have to weave in the ends, but I couldn't wait to wear it. I took a day off work for a VA to PA expedition, and it just so happened that the weather was cold and nasty. Almost the entire drive was done through snowy conditions, but my faithful new sweater kept me as warm as if I was wearing a coat.



The sweater is a bit long on me, but I like the roominess overall. And when it's cold outside, who cares what you look like when you're trying to stay warm! I doubt I'll have many more days this winter to wear it, seeing as VA doesn't get that cold, but I'm happy to have worn it at least once. (Keep your eye on the links to the left... a picture will be forthcoming next week!) I still have enough yarn left over from the kit to make a hat and mittens, so I'll see if I can't adapt part of the sweater pattern to a hat band.

And now that the sweater is done, I've got my Irish Hiking scarf to finish as well as getting started on some 6" squares for a Project Linus baby afghan that my Peninsula S&B group is putting together. After I've had a breather, I plan on ripping out a crochet sweater to salvage yarn to be resurrected as a knitted cabled sweater which will be ready to wear next Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home