Saturday, March 05, 2005

Started Lush Cables pullover

I'm trying to squeeze in as much knitting as possible before the moving chaos begins in earnest, so I started my last sweater for the winter season. It is the Lush Cables pullover found in the Interweave Winter 2004 issue. No Lush yarn for me, however! I have a fairly new crocheted sweater I made from Lamb's Pride that I absolutely destested, so I have removed one sleeve and unraveled it to begin resurrecting it as a cabled sleeve. At first feel while still on the needles, this will probably be a dense sweater, but I don't mind. The yarn color is Aubergine, a lovely burgundy-eggplant mix. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have enough yarn to finish the sweater. Either that, or I hope I can find another skein in the same dye lot or a different but matching dye lot. The cabling is pretty intense, but I think the finished product will be worth it. I managed to get about 6" worth of the first sleeve done and I like it. I can't wait to see what it looks like off the needles and blocked.

Toy rabbit update: one of my knitting friends brought in her box of embroidery thread so I can give the rabbit a face! And hopefully Don, from the Wednesday night group, will remember the stuffing. I'm counting on his daughter to remind him!! The pitiful limp body just sits at the bottom of my knitting bag and waits. I'm also starting to think the poor rabbit-to-be needs a name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home