Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Started Lace Chevrons scarf

I was so excited to start a new project, but when I looked at the pattern for the Traveling Vines scarf that I found online, I thought that it was just going to be a tad too skinny for my taste. Although I really love the leafy design, I'm the kind of girl that prefers some substance to her scarves. So I dug around in my pattern book and decided to lift a pattern from my Plymouth Indiecita brushed alpaca leaflet.

I cast that lovely Noro SG onto size 9s and have worked 2 repeats of the lace pattern so far -- not bad! The first color change is just now evidencing itself. I can't wait to see what the next one will be. The beginning is black, fading to gray, fading to...? One day, I will save up enough money to by several skeins of Noro somethingorother for a sweater! I will.

And technically, this is my first lace project. Yay me! There is no longer any mystery held in those pesky SSK and PSSO abbreviations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home