Thursday, September 01, 2005

Gearing up for the winter auction

It was wonderful to get back to my knitting group last night, and I was able to catch up on some of the events that have happened while I was gone. One of our members, Bev, came into a large quantity of yarn and the overall goal is to use it to make money for her poodles. Right now, she's in the sorting stage and once that's done, we knitters will descend upon her house and decimate the stocks. Or at least I'm sure that's what her family is hoping will happen so they can have the use of their living room back! This may be a windfall opportunity, as I intend to use some of this yarn to make auction items. Whatever is left, Bev will sell on Ebay.

So, right. What's this auction then? A couple of years ago, I had an auction at my place of employment to benefit our local animal shelter. Two adult Lopi sweaters sold for a little over $300 total. I would like to increase the number of items available at the auction, and this time all the proceeds will go to the Jasmine Charitable Trust, a.k.a. "Bev's Poodles." I have knit a few items myself, and I hope to recruit the help of others in the group to get a great selection of auction items made up. Once I finish Branching Out, I will be able to get to work on a sweater or shawl as a big ticket item. There will probably be just about enough time between now and the end of November for me to knit a large item and still get some work done on the house, and maybe even make sure that some of my intended Christmas presents get knit. Otherwise, everyone on my list will be getting soap or a very belated present.

And with all the talking I did last night, I only knit about 4 rows on my scarf. I need to get busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home