Friday, May 26, 2006

Learning about llamas

Yesterday evening after work, I had the opportunity to go to the Fuzzy Farm and learn a little bit about how to shear a llama. One of these days I'd like to have my own fiber animals, but until recently, I didn't know much about llamas besides the fact that I like them (and their fiber). Gayle showed me how to hand shear with scissors and then Rich showed me how to work the clippers using Mariposa as a volunteer. Even after my poor hack job, Mari gave me lots of kisses and shared her grain crumbs with me in the process. As a bonus, I was also shown how to trim their nails. Cassidy was the second llama of the evening to get shorn, but I mostly watched and learned while trying to keep the llamas distracted with a bit of grain. I'm really grateful to Rich and Gayle for what they've showed me! It's not as daunting as I thought it would be. Now all I need is some acreage and some critters of my own.

As far as knitting projects go I've been making slow but steady progress on the River scarf. I gave up on the Mathew scarf for the time being... it's just too tedious of a project and I don't need to get bogged down. I ripped the damned thing out and started some experimental cables with it instead. I hope to see something nice developing in a few more repeats.

Still no definitive word on what's happened to my digital camera. I got a delivery confirmation notice that the box finally arrived at the factory, but whether or not the camera was actually in it has yet to be determined. I sent it to Canon 3 weeks ago. I know that Priority Mail via USPS (usually 2-3 day delivery) isn't guaranteed, but 3 weeks?!?!?!? Come on people. Funny how it showed up the same day I was going to go in and file my insurance claim on the camera. I'll just keep knitting to calm my nerves until someone can tell me something next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home