Saturday, April 08, 2006

Home stretch for Cozy!

Life just doesn't give you any breaks! I've been busy once again, with work mostly, and dropping my knitting evenings for music rehearsal hasn't helped either. The concert is tomorrow, so thankfully I'll be able to resume my normal schedule of Wednesday nights at the knit group. In what little time I have had, I've been making very slow but steady progress on my Cozy shawl. I'm currently working on the beginning of the last skein!!

After that I have a decision to make, assuming I'll have time to knit: Do I try to complete something to enter in the Michigan Fiber Festival competition? And if so, what? The item has to be made from natural fiber, and that's not a problem, as most of what I knit already is. (Can you say fiber snob?) I have two projects going that I'm contemplating. One is a pillow cover that's half done, but I will have to finish a whole Lopi sweater before I know how much leftover yarn I have left to complete the pillow cover with. My second option is to get cracking on my Mathew scarf, which has been languishing for some time. It's the most complicated lace I've ever done, and it's one of those projects that takes total concentration. No listening to music or books on tape, definitely not a project to take to a friend's house or knitting group! I have until August, so if I start after I finish Cozy, I just might make it.

Also, I've finally made the decision to join my local knitting guild, in addition to the regular Wednesday night groups I go to. It's only once a month, every third Wednesday... not such a big deal. And I hear they have good guest speakers and activities! So that's what's on the menu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home