Friday, January 06, 2006

The $0.45 Purse (in progress)

When you find yarn at a thrift store for only 45 cents, how are you supposed to pass it up? I really couldn't help myself, so I bought the two skeins that were sitting quietly, sealed in a plastic baggie. They're by Brunswick Yarn, Casablanca, a discontinued line to be sure. If I remember correctly, the fiber content is 50% cotton, 25% linen, and 25% acrylic. I'm no fan of acrylic, but for the most part it looks and feels solely like a cotton/linen blend. And it takes cables fairly well! It's being worked in the round on a size 4 circular. This will be my replacement for Tasha (from Knitty) so I can take time to make badly needed repairs. In the meantime, I'm still weaving in ends for the Barter Cardi. Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home