Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The sewing... the horror!

Vacation was good seeing as I had plenty of time to knit. On the drive to TN and back, I finished my stocking cap made from my MI Fiber Festival handpainted yarn. I also whipped up a silly tasseled hat from my DaveSpun yarn, with some to spare -- I have no idea what I'll do with the remaining skein. When I returned home, I also completed the final Christmas present left on my list, the scarf. (Still working on that chart!) And of course for Christmas, my sweetie got me a (really nice) digital camera, so now I can take pictures of yarn and FOs to my heart's content. I just have to remember to bring the USB cable with me when I'm ready to download pictures! Grr.

While recovering from the flu this weekend, I finished knitting the body of the sweater of Juli's barter cardi. All that's left is to weave in ends (feh) and sew the dratted pieces together. *bloodcurdling scream of terror* Okay, it's not that bad, I know, but I really do hate sewing. I just want to get Juli her sweater before winter is over so she can wear it! She did such a lovely job on my quilt, and I feel guilty for not being done sooner. But I did have some good, valid excuses...

After I finished the second sleeve, I treated myself to some alternate knitting by working up half of a 14" pillow cover and starting a new purse for myself, seeing as my old Tasha from Knitty is beginning to fall apart at the strap and the lining needs to be replaced. Once the new purse is knit (self designed, too!), I will rip the lining out of the old one, knit in a new one, and try to salvage the selvedge on the strap that's coming apart. What else is in the waiting to be knit lineup? Lots and lots. That won't stop me from making a trip to my LYS for some Noro, enabling me to knit mittens for my winter coat. I feel validated, seeing as I've completed so many projects.

New Year's resolution: I don't have one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home