Wednesday, April 26, 2006

In search of the next venue

Planning for the second annual silent auction to benefit the Jasmine Charitable Trust is well underway. Last week, when I took time off from my regular SnB knitting group to attend my local knitting guild, I was nominated Chairperson of the JCT silent auction committee in absentia! (Uh, okay... I'll roll with it.) Bev kindly printed out some forms for item submission and I've started hitting people up for things they'd like to contribute. I've already put myself down to do a windsock, and hopefully a Lopi sweater as well. The auction isn't until November, right?

Our next problem is that of finding a venue. We plan on doing a little more advertising this year, so hopefully we'll be able to draw more attention from the general public and have a good turnout. This means that VIMS will no longer be a suitable location, as I don't think I can get an appropriate space to handle the number of people we hope will show up. (And who knows what kind of flaming hoops of red tape I'd have to jump through to do it!?) Currently, our best bet is the Women's Club in Newport News. From the sound of it, they have space, rent is cheap, and they even have a kitchen so we can offer enticing refreshments. If all goes well, we can jump the venue hurdle at tonight's SnB meeting and move on to our main goal of collecting nice goodies for the auction.

Oh, and I've managed to knit a whole 3 inches of the back panel of my tank top. Go, me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home