Monday, May 15, 2006

What's that sound?

It's the sound of auction plans gathering mass and speed with blinding rapidity! But that's a good thing. Reports from Jan indicate that we can use the space at the Women's Club, but we're not sure if we're going to be able to get it donated or not. That's been tabled until the June meeting, as there may be potential conflicts of interest within their organization. Even if we have to pay for space, it shouldn't matter one way or another.

That mostly out of the way, I've been concentrating on getting my stuff out of the way so I can work on knitting up stuff for the auction. This past week I managed to finish knitting in the lining to Tasha (my blue cabled purse), knitting the body to my sari silk purse (no, I'm really not a purse-person, I just happen to like bags...), and generally getting things organized in my craft room. For now, my tank top is partially on hold with the exception of Wednesday night outings to the usual group. My stay at home project is the first item I plan on making up for the auction: the river scarf. The pattern called for lace weight yarn, but what I've actually got is sport weight in a dusty turquoise color. I've only worked up about four inches of it so far, and I'm not sure if I like the way it's coming out or not. With my previous lace experiences (not many) sometimes I find I don't like it until after it's blocked! So, I guess I'll just knit the whole dratted thing and if I hate it, I don't have to wear it do I? I won't even have to keep it!

The second item on my auction knit list is Berocco's Michaela shawl, except mine will be done with a pale yellow-green (appropriately leafy) colored sportweight wool. I'm sure it will turn out just fine, though significantly less metallic than the original. I'd also like to throw in a windsock and perhaps a Lopi sweater if time allows. We'll see how far I get!

And of course I saved the bad news for last: my digital camera is broken. (I dropped it by accident, okay?!?) I sent it back to the factory for repairs, but it has mysteriously vanished en route as my delivery confirmation number has yet to actually confirm anything. Hmm... guess the USPS will be coughing up some insurance money in another week or so. Just my luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home