Monday, April 16, 2007

Birthday Yarn

I went to the Knitting Sisters this weekend in search of some birthday yarn for myself. It took me ages to settle on a color, but I finally decided on something very un-me: 2 skeins of a hot pink/fuchsia ombre kidsilk laceweight. My wardrobe desperately needs brightening up and so does my mood, hence the radical color choice. I was going to go back to basics and make a very boring, idiot-proof windsock, but when I started working it up, the colors started coming out as candy cane stripes. I was not pleased. So I ripped it out.

The only lace pattern I had handy was the one for Branching Out, so I started on that instead, and the candy cane stripes have been transformed into random mottlings, which are much more appealing to my eye. This will only use one of the two skeins I got, so the fate of the second will be decided when I have finished with the first. I have three new lace patterns at my disposal... so we shall see.

Spiral Hat for ChrisOther good news: I have finally finished the swirl hat for Chris. All ends are woven in, it is blocked and dry. I even got pictures this time, while it was still on the blocking towel. I'm very pleased with the way it came out, and I'm glad I got a chance to work it up. It's a very fun pattern, and I'll definitely make one for myself as soon as I can pick a color scheme. That should only take me two or three years to decide on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home