Friday, October 27, 2006

Lace Leaf Shawl finished!

Lace Leaf ShawlAfter what seems like eons of staring at yarn the color of pale pea soup, I have finally finished the Lace Leaf Shawl. Yeesh. I went home sick yesterday afternoon and, unable to sleep, I knit instead. Using wool instead of the metallic yarn called for by the pattern allowed me to get by with 19 repeats of the lace pattern -- not 26! As always, I wasn't convinced that it was going to look like much, but the miracle of blocking worked wonders once again. The pre-block length was about 57" (not including fringe) and the post-block length is something like 62" or so. The lace leaf pattern has opened up wonderfully, and once dry will make a lovely, lightweight wrap. For the amount of time I put in on it, I hope it rakes in a bit of dough for the auction.

And now, as much as I'd like to start a new project, I want to try and finish at least one more thing. For now, I think I'll be concentrating on my cabled sweater and one of the Christmas items. I keep saying I won't start a Lopi sweater until the cabled one is done, but we'll see how long my willpower holds out. To appease myself with a new and easy project, I may let myself start my cashmere neck gaiter instead. This weekend looks to be rainy and dreary, the perfect stay-inside-and-knit weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home