Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weekday yarn store trip

It's not often that I get to go to a yarn shop, and it's almost unheard of for me to make a trip to one during the week. Luckily I had some comp time from working late on Friday last week, so I made use of it. Juli, Winnie, Patrice and I met Noelle at the Knitting Sisters and got her enough yarn to use for her very first project. It's a nice worsted weight, plum colored tweed. (I just need to remember to bring the pattern with me so she can get started tomorrow.) Somehow I resisted buying anything, but it's easier to do when you're broke.

This past Sunday was a bit of fun, too. Juli and I attended our first roller derby bout, put on by the Dominion Derby Girls. It was the Femmes Fatales vs. the Dirty Diesel Darlins. We, of course, were rooting for the Darlins as it's the team that Dawn (#911 Angy O'Plasty), a fellow knitter, is on. And they won! If you've never been to a roller derby bout before, you should check it out once before you die. I still want to know what the chariot racing was all about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home